Discussion Forum: HowTo
How to post a query?
- Think of a suitable title for the query (less than 10 words) and
enter it in the Subject field. Then enter your query in the
text field below. Please note that the queries need to related to Tamil
Film Music. Anything (we think as) outside this scope will
be deleted. Do search the archives to see if a similar topic has been discussed earlier, before starting your thread. You can use the search box at the top of the page.
- Then enter your name(possibly nickname) in the Name field.
Enter your email address in the Email field.
Though the name could be anything, pl enter a valid email
address. A valid email would be useful for someone
to respond to you personally. We strongly DISCOURAGE
people entering names or email addresses other than
their own. Please keep this in mind. Also, note that
regardless of what name you use, your site name will
appear automatically with your posting. If we notice
undesirable behaviour, we reserve the right to block certain hosts
- Now click the "Post" button. After a while, the
page will refresh automatically and you should see
your response. If not, "Reload/Refresh" the page.
- That's it! Do check back after a while to see
if there are any responses to your query.
Note: If you don't have web access, just send
your query, your name and email addr to
firstname.lastname@example.org . We'll post it and let you
know if there are any responses by email.
How to post a response to a query
- Pl read the rest of the postings to see
if someone has already said what you want to say.
- If not, enter your response
in the text field, name and email addr
as in "How to post queries" above.
- Click "Post" button. After a while, the page will refresh
automatically and you should see your response. If not, "Reload" the
Go to the Testing topic to test if posting
works from your browser.
Read also Netiquette
General Posting Guidelines
- If you are new to news posting, first take sometime
to read the ongoing discussions and watch how people
go about doing it. After sometime, you'll start understanding
why certain things are done and what things shouldn't be done.
- Please remember that people all over the world are reading your
words. Do not attack people if you cannot persuade them with your
presentation of the facts. Screaming, cursing, and abusing
others only serves to make people think less of you and less
willing to help you when you need it. So, keep your politeness
level high.. :)
- Never say in ten words what you can say in fewer. Say it
succinctly and it will have a greater impact. Remember that the
longer you make your article, the fewer people will bother to read it.
- Don't repeat what has already been said. Before posting,
read the rest of the postings to see if someone has already said
what you want to say. If someone has, don't repeat it.
- Cite Appropriate References: If you are using facts to support
a cause, state where they came from. Don't take someone
else's ideas and use them as your own. You don't want someone
pretending that your ideas are theirs; show them the same respect.
- Do not open a new thread for specific movies when the movie is already discussed in other threads (like IR's works in IR's new albums thread).
- Please post lyrics requests and other song stat queries in the permanent threads available for such queries.