Topic started by Kumar (@ palrel3.hp.com) on Sat Dec 25 09:51:20 EST 1999.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.
Pretty decent songs... first impression!
Great songs ... after multiple listenings!
Totally 8 songs (with 2 repeats, actually 1 is
repeated with a different lyric).
- From: suresh (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Sat Dec 25 13:17:23 EST 1999
FAZIL, ILAIYARAAJA, PAZHANIBHARATHI
1. Nilavu Paattu - Hariharan
2. Oru Naal Oru Kanavu - KJ Yesudas, Anuradha Sriram
3. Endhan Kuyil Enge - Unnikrishnan, Anu. Sriram
4. Adida Melathe - SPB & chorus
5. Iravu Pagalai Theda - KJ Yesudas
6. Chinnanchiru - Chitra
7. Oru Naal Oru Kanavu - KJ Yesudas
8. Roja Poonthottam - Unnikrishnan, Anu. Sriram
* Anuradha Sriram gets to sing 2 nos., probably debuting under IR's baton? she's done a fine job
* which means no Bhava, finally, to mess up the best songs in the album:)
* KJY is back, with a bang! combines with IR to create magic like no other duo's done in some time
* Oru Naal Oru Kanavu wins my personal vote for song of the year
* Chinnanchiru is bound to go down as an alltime classic on Chitra's list
* for all those mourning the loss of traditional instrumentation from IR scores - they're back, violins, flutes, guitar et al in full flight!
* song nos. 2 & 7 are repeats, 2 a duet and 7 a solo
*#3 and 8 are again repeat tunes, but with diff. lyrics
* this is a truly enchanting album; scores over Kadhalukku Mariyadhai 10:1
* perhaps one of P.bharathi's best efforts; I haven't come across an English/ Tanglish word (except maybe in song#4, which I've tended to skip now and then) in about 5 hearings until now..
* Adida Melathe is a typical dabbanguthu, but SPB injects it with a vigour of his own
I don't think I've gone overboard. IR seems to have found his balance again, and this one is a sure topper, take it from me!! Goes to show again that you need someone like Fazil to bring out his best..
- From: aruvi (@ londo14.slip.yorku.ca)
on: Sat Dec 25 13:58:53 EST 1999
Unh Hunh? Well, Fazil hasn't disappointed me yet. Wish IR would take the same trouble to compose for other films. Glad to hear that he's got something good out there after a long time. That's great.
- From: MSK (@ ra5399a-port7.qualcomm.com)
on: Sat Dec 25 13:59:40 EST 1999
Maybe we shd continue in the IR's new album thread..
ANyway, what abt the Vijay Song.??
- From: KSS (@ spider-te083.proxy.aol.com)
on: Sat Dec 25 16:17:23 EST 1999
Are these songs available on the net ?
- From: Jana (@ pppa41-city-1r7223.saturn.bbn.com)
on: Sun Dec 26 19:46:41 EST 1999
Guys...Where can we find these songs on net? Thanks!
Finally, I am feeling very comfortable with Suresh's posting that IR has come back with his most-favoured instruments.
- From: s.senthilkumar (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Mon Dec 27 01:01:11 EST 1999
just one word about the songs of "kannukkul nilavu"
in english "suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppppppperrrrrrrr!!!"
raja sir vaalka!!(kuraintha patcham innum oru 150 varusam)!!
- From: cram (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Mon Dec 27 05:49:38 EST 1999
raja sir vaazhga enrum koorum anbu nenjangaLE, please pray for his well-being. avar ippo vijaya hospital-il admit aayirukkaaru. don't worry, nothing serious, chest pain and gastric trouble, i believe. he should be well and fit in a few days.
avar sevai intha naattukku thevai
vaazhga isaignaniyin isai raajyam
- From: s.senthilkumar (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Mon Dec 27 06:17:20 EST 1999
lets pray god to make him well soon.
- From: Kumar :) (@ palrel3.hp.com)
on: Mon Dec 27 08:12:22 EST 1999
There is no vijay song in the album... that is as much a hoax as the supposedly tanglish lyrics of palanibharathi...
- From: gurumurthy (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Mon Dec 27 09:48:31 EST 1999
well said!! all your comments are 100% true
really a great collection of songs.particularly
nilavu paatu (in sindhu bairavi ragam), enthan kuyil enge (in keeravani) and really a different composition for oru naal oru kanavu. IR had silenced every one by giving his magical touch, yet again.
hope all the useless sounds of ARR will be suppressed by the original melodies of IR
- From: Krishna moorthy (@ news.ti.com)
on: Mon Dec 27 10:25:55 EST 1999
I too heard the songs, its simply superb!!!!!!!
The millinium starts with maestro's issai thalattu.
Lets wait for 'Hey Ram', the another magical album from our maestro.
- From: AthiNarayanan (@ netcache32.mot.com)
on: Mon Dec 27 12:51:41 EST 1999
Let's hope Raja will recover back pretty soon and give us more immortal songs.I remember in 92,he had some operation for his stomach or so and millions of people wished him speedy recovery.
I remember in 91 or so, he was working non stop even with high fever and Kumudham had a photo of him in the recording studio with the muffler and such is the commitment of this great man who has dedicated himself for music.
Anyway cram,please let us know where did you hear the news.Because on sat morning,Raja had attended a book release function in Mylapore according to Mr.Subbiah who wrote in IR's New Albums thread.
- From: Alaghu (@ du139-04.cc.iastate.edu)
on: Mon Dec 27 15:26:11 EST 1999
hopw he is alright!!
all our wishes to him from iowa state univirsity Indians.
Do any of you know where i can listen to kannukkul nilavu songs on the net?
- From: aruLarasan (@ psiphi.umsl.edu)
on: Mon Dec 27 15:53:34 EST 1999
the most authentic news, as authentic can get, is that ir is fine and energetic. (this info is few hours old!). i don't know where cram got the info from but i understand it is not true (unless, of course, something happened in the last "few hours"?!?!)
for some new information on "hey ram" please visit the ir new albums threads.
- From: AthiNarayanan (@ netcache31.mot.com)
on: Mon Dec 27 19:14:13 EST 1999
Raja is going to participate in an Indo-Japanese music fusion program as a guest on Dec 28th according to the Dec 27th Hindu and this means he is doing well and soon we will be hearing from someone who gets to attend that program at RaniSeethai Hall I think.
- From: Ravi (@ nscs24p20.remote.umass.edu)
on: Tue Dec 28 02:17:33 EST 1999
Please continue discussion in the IR's new albums thread.
List all pages of this thread