Topic started by rajaG (@ daecfp01.sprint.com) on Wed May 19 17:52:36 EDT 1999.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.
One of the fantastic things which Americans excel in is the area of Marketing and Promotion. Due recognition goes hand in hand with this concept. When it comes to die-hard fans, I am sure TFM fans are second to none. If the participation and passion in the DF is of any indication of average TFM fan, then I am convinced that I am correct in my assesment.
What I am proposing now is combining the Marketing/Recognition concept to the passion of the TFM fans to create something like a Hall of Fame for past and present legends of TFM.'I have a dream'- and my dream is that there is a place in Chennai where one can go to obtain, chronological history, compilation of lifetime works, achievements, audio samples of works, pictures etc. etc. which will be a great nostalgia trip for anybody. Obviously, eventually the project should pay for itself through revenue, sponsorships, etc. The annual entry into Hall of Fame could be a marketed event. These are just ideas. I am inviting the DFers to discuss and follow up.
Just imagine! In one section of the facility, you may find an actual handwritten draft with all the scratches and stets of IR's original score, or Kannadasan's lyrics. Udambu pullarikkiradhu!!!
- From: aruLarasan (@ psiphi.umsl.edu)
on: Wed May 19 18:25:29 EDT 1999
what you are proposing is similar to the "let's sponsor an IR album" project. no sarcasm intended. a project of such a magnitude needs a lot of groundwork and a good financial base. before poeple start jumping in with lots of ideas, we have to be realistic and do a feasability study. why don't you give a complete writeup of what your dream is, what options do have have in mind to realize them ... . maybe we can go from there.
- From: SitaRam (@ portal.ameritech.com)
on: Wed May 19 18:49:20 EDT 1999
This requires philanthrophy, Rajaji. It is an institutional effort or some trust funds. imagine that someone raja fan in a decade or so decides to leave and bequeath the entire 100 crore savings in US dollars as money to set up an IR foundation or TFM Hall of Fame... that will work. but, we have to wait..
- From: rajaG (@ daecfp01.sprint.com)
on: Wed May 19 18:51:36 EDT 1999
Sure Oh King of Grace!
Here are some preliminary steps not necessarily in a PERT/CPM order.
1. Seek opinions on who belong in the Hall of Fame. Obviously these are undisputed legends like say TMS, MKT, MSV, IR, G Ramanathan, etc. etc, say about 50/60 people.
2. You would note that I am not proposing 'retirement' as a necessary condition for entry into Hall of Fame. Criteria - We may inadvertently miss some people but the people selected would have definite legitimate claims. Poll and ballot of fans, media, peers, musicians etc may be the best method.
3. Collect materials/statistics about the Hall of Fame entrants. Family, friends, studios, publishers, other contacts may be good initial point of contact.
4. Seek possible venues for setting up hall of fame.
Part of AVM studio complex, Vijaya-vahini, or corporate granted like say SPIC for example.
5. Develop infrastructure at the facility - for example audio facilities at certain locations for sound clips or even video clips.
6. Decide about personnel resources required - is it just maintenance or like tourist guide with batch processing of tourists.
7. Work with a target date for inaugural function at Chennai. Invited patrons, HOF entrants,etc. etc.
8. Try to rope in influential TFM lovers for contacts and $$s.
innum soppanaththula irukkEnaa, illa yaaraavadhu 'aruL' seidhu ennai kiLLi vittargaLaa?
- From: NOV (@ bkj-cache80.jaring.my)
on: Wed May 19 21:51:52 EDT 1999
RajaG - Here is a link where some groundwork and homework has already been done for you :-))
- From: rajaG (@ daecfp01.sprint.com)
on: Thu May 20 09:36:55 EDT 1999
Thank you very much. God! I feel terrible for reinventing the wheel. I was too lazy to go through the archives.
Would it be possible to nuke this topic but somehow add the intro. as well as the posts to the original thread? Once again sorry for the rework.
List all pages of this thread