Topic started by Nadesan (@ 18.104.22.168) on Tue May 6 10:26:09 EDT 2003.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.
Shall we discuss the songs copied by IR in this thread?
For the past few months many IR fans have been claiming that IR is the only original composer and the other MDs are all copiers. The purpose of this thread is to highlight the songs copied by IR.
I don't wish to degrade IR by this exercise, but this thread is necessary to set the records straight and to prove that IR is also human after all.
I will now mention the most obvious copies of IR:
1. Pootukkal potaalum (Chatriyan) from My favourite things (Sound of Music)
2. Kanavu kaanum vaazhkai (Neengal Ketavai) from Kasme vaade (Upkaar)
3. Darling, darling darling I love you (Priya) from Sunny, sunny sunny sunny (Boney M)
4. Raasathi unnai kaanatha nenju (Vahidehi Kathirunthal) - the sharanam from Muthaitharu (Thirupugazh)
5. Chittu kuruvi vekka paduthu (Chinna Veedu) from Antonin Dvorak's Symphony 9
I welcome additions to this list.
Please do not indulge in bashings.
- From: Nadesan (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Tue May 6 10:35:02 EDT 2003
6. Mastana mastana (Rasayah) from Harry Belafonte's Banana boat song
7. Ahaa vanthiruchu (Kalyana Raman) from Uriah Heep's Lady in Black
- From: L (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Tue May 6 11:31:05 EDT 2003
Would be nice if you give links to those audio files, if possible.
- From: x (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Tue May 6 11:49:09 EDT 2003
Yah.It is true ARR fans coudnot digest the continuous flop by him.And talking useless topic like this.One can not be successful in all time ARR fans.Go and listern to HJ,YSR,VS... music.
- From: IR-or-ARR-I-LIKE-THEM-BOTH (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Tue May 6 12:41:25 EDT 2003
Belefonte? Banana Song? WTF?
You think you are the only one who hears English songs in this world? Yaar kaadhula poo suthreenga?
Gentlemen, please listen to both the songs and see if you can identify if it is copied.
Gosh! what ignorance!
- From: Biju (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Tue May 6 13:16:02 EDT 2003
These songs have been discussed left,right,centre,above,middle,diagonal and tangentially in the copied songs thread..ethukku innoru thread?
No song is a blunt copy in that..can say inspirations or coincidence in some cases..after all that man has given more than 5000 songs..4990 songs original'a pottavaru oru 10 songs original'a poda mudiatha?Ethukku IR'ey avar pera keduthukanum by copying 10 songs?hehe..
- From: Citizen (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Tue May 6 13:31:45 EDT 2003
Right on Biju!
The intention of starting this thread is very clear. It's a desperate smear campaign on Maestro by the fans of "Over hyped, miminally talented, cut-n-paste" music director.
People in the glass houses should not throw stones at others.
- From: x (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Tue May 6 13:47:57 EDT 2003
x (@ 126.96.36.199)
it's not me
- From: insider (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Tue May 6 13:50:00 EDT 2003
IR could not make original tune.Only ARR can make music like kusu originally composed by him for ARR fans.
- From: bb (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Tue May 6 14:33:07 EDT 2003
List all pages of this thread
This thread has been closed.
Back to the Forum