Topic started by uthaman (@ 126.96.36.199) on Thu Jun 20 01:43:31 EDT 2002.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.
Some songs have change in beat in the middle of the song
1) Rakkumuthu Rakkumuthu (Ejaman)
2) Ooo lalala (Minsara Kanavu)
3) Illamai Naatiya (semi old)
4) Thayariyadha (Arangetra Velai)
5) Kalloori Salai (Kadhal Desam)
- From: Kupps (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Thu Jun 20 03:27:03 EDT 2002
Ninai charan adaindhae kaNNamma FROM Bharathy (the beat changes(?) before the second charanam - thunbam ini illai thorpillai sorvillai).
Rakkamma kaiyya thattu FROM dhalapathy (the "kuniththa puruvamum" section)..he..hee
Iravu nilavu ulagai rasikka ninaithadhu FROM anjali (before the end of each charanam, the beat changes and comes back to the original).
- From: NagaS (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Thu Jun 20 04:12:56 EDT 2002
1. 'Oru maalaich chandiran' from 'unnai vaazhththip paadukiRaen'
2. 'Oh, En Deva Deviyee' from 'KaNmaNi'
Both these songs have different beat patterns for Pallavi, anupallavi and CharaNam - isn't it ?
- From: ROTFL (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Thu Jun 20 06:37:10 EDT 2002
En panggukku - Nenjinile nenjinile from Uyire. Tremendous changes throughout the song.
- From: Kaumudi (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Thu Jun 20 11:29:34 EDT 2002
One of the excellent examples of various beats (or thaaLam) is the "Adhisaya thirumanam" song from PP. The song has 5,6 and 7 beat patterns intertwined so beautifully. This was also discussed in more detail in another thread.
One more song with one thaaLam but different pattern of beats is "Kappal aeri poyacchu" from Indian. The beat pattern changes right at the start of the first interlude and then on in various parts of the song.
List all pages of this thread
Back to the Forum