Topic started by aruvi (@ muscat08.slip.yorku.ca) on Sun Nov 7 23:40:27 EST 1999.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.
Something refreshing. Check out singer Sreenivas's audio interview on http://www.indiadirect.com/audio
Then listen to the TOP Ten songs audio. They did it well.
- From: Pinchi Srinivasan (@ sabik.anonymizer.com)
on: Sun Nov 7 23:49:46 EST 1999
The link is not working currently for me,Is this interview by P.B.Srinivas I am a diehard fan of PBS. I will be happy to see his song in TOP TEN.
- From: aruvi (@ muscat08.slip.yorku.ca)
on: Mon Nov 8 00:17:27 EST 1999
This is not PB Sreenivas. This is the new singer Sreenivas, chemical engineer, who sang songs like 'Ennuyire Ennuyire' from Uyire and 'Poovukellaam sirakku mullaithathu' from (that Ajith movie:-)). I don't know why the link is not working for you.
- From: Pinchi Srinivasan (@ anon-spica.free.anonymizer.com)
on: Mon Nov 8 22:50:25 EST 1999
Thanks for the information but I am very much disappointed not to see my favorite PBS interview. I thought Kalangallil aval vasantham is on Number one spot in TOP TEN songs. Let me know if you find a link for my great PBS.
- From: Subhasree (@ )
on: Fri Nov 19 08:08:38 EST 1999
dear pals, this is subhasree thanikachalam who interviewed sreenivas. Actually the best part about that is that is not an interview...it is a chat.It is very refreshing for aspiring singers,and i suggest you spread the word around for all your friends to listen.Only then people will come to know that are so many talented singers like shrini whose songs go unnoticed for no reason at all...
- From: Aaval (@ dhcp-css-consult-12.lg.informix.com)
on: Fri Nov 19 14:21:52 EST 1999
Subhasree, would it be possible for you to interview MSV and TKR together ? This is a sincere request.
- From: Sriram Lakshman (@ dhcp-css-consult-12.lg.informix.com)
on: Fri Nov 19 14:34:26 EST 1999
Subhasree, a suggestion, I think it would be a good idea to allow the interviewee to totally unwind , feel comfortable and settle down with his thought process. This is possible only if he is allowed to talk continuously. This way, lots of titbits/interesting anecdotes could come out, though not necessarily connected to the question. Another suggestion....if you really get down to interviewing MSV and TKR together, some of us could come forth with ideas/questions and you could then weed out the controversial ones. I like the informal nature of your interview. Thanks.
- From: aruvi (@ thing12.slip.yorku.ca)
on: Fri Nov 19 17:25:14 EST 1999
If this is the real Subashree, can you please get an interview from singer K.S.Chithra?
- From: Kamesh (@ hlr-42-207.tm.net.my)
on: Fri Nov 19 19:42:06 EST 1999
It was indeed pleasant to hear the part 1 of the Srininvas interview. I ahve been desperately trying to fininsh my listening but have not been successful as yet. The second part is not coming up since 2 weeks. Can you check it please. The interview was very nice. I was even considering posting the transcripts in this page but what could I do without the second part. Great Job after a long time.
- From: aruLarasan (@ psiphi.umsl.edu)
on: Sat Nov 20 15:40:27 EST 1999
if it is the real subhashree, here are some comments;
(1) the interview was good. the relaxed tone of the whole setting was attractive. the pace was maintained fairly well.
(2) the prolonged dialogue on the pUrvIgam of the interviewee gives a decent understanding of the ability and range of him. good job there.
(3) there were quite a few unwarrented comments from the interviewer (like "watchman mAriyiruppAn", "nammUrla talent irundhA maththra, pORadhu..."); if they couldn't have been avoided, they could have been made in a more acceptable manner.
(4) it would be pleasant to hear (at least once :-) ) "please" when you ask the artist to sing. i felt it was quite rude the way you asked srini to finish the program with the pallavi of that song (what song was that?!? some azagu azagu song, couldn't remember the words:-( ).
(btw, that didn't sound like a "chat". it sounded very much like a formal interview. there was a rigid structure to your program which one would not expect in a "chat".)
List all pages of this thread
Back to the Forum