Topic started by Ragay (@ 18.104.22.168) on Sat Oct 19 06:33:55 EDT 2002.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.
am just analysing how effectively Music directors have handled same lyrics with different tunes. Such tunes had been released in the sames films either as "Potti" songs or reply songs. Another type of this is Bharathiar Songs with different tunes. I would like to have some archive on this. Could you please list these songs along with film names(even if it same film) and a reference link (if any) to any sites?
- From: Cinema Virumbi (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Sat Oct 19 11:39:43 EDT 2002
Kaakkai chiRaginilE nandalaalaa,
handled differently by KVM in 'Thirumaal perumai' (PS) and L Vaidyanathan in 'Ezhaavathu manithan' (KJY).
In 'Bhadrakali', 'kaNNan oru kaikkuzhanthai' the same lyrics are sung differently by PS and KJY. eg., 'un madiyil naanuRanga kaNNiraNdum thaan mayanga enna thavam seidhEnO ennavenRu solvEnO'. KJY starts this and PS continues with the same lines in a different style! It happens in the next stanza also!
'pudhiyadhOr ulagam seyvOm'
Seerkali in some old film and TMS and a lady voice (VJ???)plus chorus in 'pallaaNdu vaazhga'.
- From: nagarajan (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Sat Oct 19 14:08:09 EDT 2002
manadhil urudhi vendum : (bharathiyaar song) in three films in three different tunes :
1) kalvanin kadhali - TMS & Bhanumathi
2) ezhaavadhu manidhan - Neeraja
3) sindhu bhairavi - KJY
1) madhurai veeran - TMS (the song is not in the
2) Varumaiyin niram sigappu - SPB
3) one more film by TR Mahaalingham
Chinnajjiru kiliye kannamma :
1) manamagal - ML Vasantha kumaari
2) Needhikku Dhandanai - KJY and Neeraja
different from this : same tune is used in two
1) unnai ondru ketpen - PS from Pudhiya paravai
2) same tune is used by IR in Thaikku Oru Thaalaattu - elamai-k-kaalam enge - TMS & PS (the same tune was used just for a duet to welcome the rejoining of Padmini and Sivaaji after 15 years)
Oodi vilaiyaadu paappaa
1) Kappalottiya Thamizhan - Seerkhazhi Govindarajan
2) Ezhaavadhu manidhan - KJY
- From: purv (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Sat Oct 19 21:15:38 EDT 2002
'Theertha Karaiyinile' was also one of the songs in the 'Thaippongal' film.
'Chinanjiru Kiliye' also appeared in 'Mundhaanai mudichu' (Bagyaraj film).
Both the above songs are Md'ed by IR.
How could you guys forget 'Nallathor Veenai Seithi'? It appeared in:
Varumaiyin Niram Sivappu (Md: MSV)
Ore Oru Graamathile
The latter three were md'ed by IR again.
- From: purv (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Sat Oct 19 21:21:55 EDT 2002
Oh, I have some more to add to the list.
1. 'Kaathe Kaathe' appeared in two unreleased films with music by Ilayaraja, 'Punniyavathi' and 'Kaathal Saathi.'
2. 'Aasai Kiliye'
First sung by T.R. Mahalingam. Later used by IR first in 'Thambikku Endha Ooru' and then in 'Theertha Karaiyinile.'
3. 'Anne Anne'
Kozhi Koovuthu, sung by Samuel Grubb
Poovizhi Vaasalile, sung by Mano
Aandaan Adimai, sung by Shankar Mahadevan
Kaathal Saathi, sung by IR's sons and his nephew Venkat Prabhu.
- From: Balaji (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Sun Oct 20 06:39:04 EDT 2002
I dont think Anne Anne, Theertha Karaiyinile (thai pongal) or Chinnanchiru kiliye (Mundhanai mudichu) songs referred here are of same lyrics. We do have same lyrics in different tunes in the sames films.... 'Nee Enge en ninaivugal ange' I dont remember the film it is in two different tunes in the same film.
Also, 'Unnai kanda pinpu thaan ennai kandu konden' in "Sigaram" has two tunes in the same film.
Do we have anything more like this?
- From: Cinema Virumbi (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Sun Oct 20 08:48:28 EDT 2002
>>>>>>'Nee Enge en ninaivugal ange' I dont remember the film it is in two different tunes in the same film.<<<<<<
I think it was 'Mannippu'!
- From: Saravanan (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Sun Oct 20 09:06:18 EDT 2002
Balaji/C V- its actually in three different tunes.
- From: vengayam (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Mon Oct 21 07:09:34 EDT 2002
kakai chiraginile has also a third version in the film "Nilagiri express" sung by Sulamangalam Rajalakshmi.
- From: Kupps (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Mon Oct 21 08:12:20 EDT 2002
similarly, manadhil urudhi vaendum has another version in the same named film sung by KJY music IR.
- From: Somu (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Tue Oct 22 05:22:39 EDT 2002
Interesting.. Vazharga Aaraychi..!
- From: (^!^) (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Wed Oct 23 11:36:45 EDT 2002
SA Rajkumar's.......Oh! "Same tune different lyrics" nu thread a thappaa padichchuttEn. My Bad! :-)
List all pages of this thread
Back to the Forum