Topic started by Amma (@ 22.214.171.124) on Mon Jun 15 10:03:45 EDT 1998.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.
Ranjit Barot is one of the bombay music directors who has scored music for a tamil film. I am told that Lakshmikant-Pyarelal duo have also made forays into tamil film music.l am unaware of anymore. PLease educate me. Here's hoping that the topic does not digress into a hindi vs tamil fight...
- From: Bharat (@ isdbsd1-inet.ci.mil.wi.us)
on: Mon Jun 15 14:55:40 EDT 1998
Well, RDB scored for a Satyaraj-starrer (Ulagam something?) and "Poomazhai Pozhiyudhu"(where he recycled his famous "Aise na Mujhe Tum Dekho" as "Nadhiya Nadhia").
There is another thread that lists the contributions of Salil Choudhry (Azhiyatha Kolangal etc.).
Bappi Lahiri did "aboorva Sagodarigal" (is this the name of the film with the three heroines) and Rajni's Thaai Veedu.
- From: pg (@ gate02.merck-medco.com)
on: Mon Jun 15 15:12:26 EDT 1998
Wasn't this discussed earlier ? Do you have it in the archives ?
- From: Rajaraman (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Mon Jun 15 21:36:16 EDT 1998
See if you can add more
- From: Viswa (@ webgate0.mot.com)
on: Tue Jun 16 07:29:03 EDT 1998
Here's a list of movies (those I know of) with music by HFM composers :
1. R. D. Burman : Anbu Thambi, Poo mazhai pozhiyidhu, Ulagam pirandhadhu enakkAga
2. Laxmikant-Pyarelal : UyirE unakkAga, Mangai oru gangai, Ragasiya police
3. Bappi Lahiri : Aboorva sagodharigaL, pAdum vAnambAdi
4. Babul Bose : NaNbargaL
5. Salil Chowdhury : AzhiyAdha kOlangaL, Dooratthu idi muzhakkam
Bharat: If I'm not wrong, Shankar-Ganesh scored the music for "ThAi veedu".
- From: Amma (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Tue Jun 16 08:38:06 EDT 1998
Thai veedu had the hindi movie star Anita Raj in it while the music was very much by our good old Shankar Ganesh duo
List all pages of this thread
Back to the Forum