Topic started by Kamesh (@ hlr-42-117.tm.net.my) on Sat Jun 19 00:09:42 EDT 1999.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.
This topic would probably be usefull to see what is happening in the world of TFM outside the studio's and record shops. Example events would be reports on radio interviews and live shows by TFM artists in various parts of the world.
- From: kamesh (@ hlr-81-146.tm.net.my)
on: Sat Jun 19 00:35:23 EDT 1999
I start this thread with the splendid interview aired in Radio singapore oli 96.8 at 6 pm Sing time. Date : 15th June. The interview was with HARINI and the popular ceylon announcer (oops I forgot his name-He makes Paatukku paatu on Sun TV) The highlights of the interview was as below.
1. Harini said how she got into the TFM field. She won a singing competetion in which ARR was a judge and after around 3 months later Suhasini called her to has her whether she could sing for Indra and she agreed.
2. She said her first song itself was a challenge as she had to modulate her voice to suit a gir of 6 years and she demonstrated it beutifully.
3. She said that she has sung more than 100 songs!!!
4. She sings a lot for Deva nowadays after K. thondrinal etc. and she feels her voice suits SIMRAN.
5. She was asked about the suthi suthi song in padayappa and the popular giggle in between the song. She replied by saying that the giggle was not part of the song. Before recording the song they were having a chat (SPB, ARR and Harini) and SPB cracked some joke and Harini laughed. ARR had candidly kept the track running and recorded her giggle which he placed inside the song. Harini was surprised to hear the laugh and finally recalled where it came from to her surprise.
4. She says most of the time she does not happen to meet the co singer during recording and nowadays they record tracks of differant singers separately but when they happen to meet she is able to learn a lot esp. from SPB, Hariharan etc.
5. She is in Singapore for the stage show on 19th (Today) and ARR is likely to attend the show. (Latest news is he is attending).
6. The last time she came to Spore, she was overwhelmed by the responce from the crowd. The crowd asked for her when the announcer asked whom they prefer to sing first. She was happy that a budding talent like her has been so well accepted by the ppl there. She sang manam virumbudhe then.
7. The radio guy. (Is is abdul hameed?) said he has trained a lot of ppl in radio DJ job and they are now placed all over the world.
8. His ambition is to form a world radio for Tamil where every hour one station from a country takes over and broadcasts its programs on a particular frequency. Sort of a relay radio. Singapore radio he said has already started making similar initiatives and stations from Australia and Canada are joining hands in producing programs weekly once.
9. Harini's father Mr. Sridaran said he nor his wife had any carnatic music background but spotted Harini's talent at the age 3 and Harini learnt Carnatic from 3 !!. He also said he has good kelvi gnanam and he likes to do whistle katcheri and he demonstrated by whistling the song Nilavae ennidam nerungadhe. Good one that.
Overall a very interesting one hour.
Now can somebody from Singapore who is going to this live show comment on the event. Are ther any other events going on anywhere in the world? Cmon folks. Throw some light.
- From: Kamesh (@ hlr-42-64.tm.net.my)
on: Sat Jun 19 23:12:00 EDT 1999
The Asian Age (http://www.asianage.com)
Rahman number in Jackson’s concert
London: Music wizard A.R.Rahman’s number
Ekam Satyam will for the first time
form part of Michael Jackson’s
live international charity
in Munich next week in aid of
the world’s needy children.
Ekam Satyam, to be performed
in the concert which has already
been sold out, brings alive the
commonalties between different
religions and the oneness of
universal truth and is produced
by G. Bharat (Bala) and Kanika
Actress Shobhana, actor Prabhu
Deva and their troupe of dancers
will also perform at the
- From: eden (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Mon Jun 21 07:52:14 EDT 1999
What's the difference between this and the `TFM tit bits (permanent) thread?' Looks like both are going to carry similar stuff?
- From: NOV (@ bkj-cache81.jaring.my)
on: Mon Jun 21 21:23:18 EDT 1999
Eden - I think this thread will prove to be useful to announce upcoming events and report latest happenings.
- From: NOV (@ bkj-cache83.jaring.my)
on: Mon Jun 21 22:06:02 EDT 1999
Here is one:
The Madhya Pradesh government has chosen Ilayaraja, for the Lata Mangeshkar award this year.
List all pages of this thread
Back to the Forum